Monday, August 6, 2012

Moonlight promenades, babies, and the like.





Quite a lot of happenings these days:

Charis Wendolyn Baugh

&

Mckenzie Elizabeth Sowards


There are two more beautiful baby girls in the world, and they just happen to be our nieces!!! David is a first time uncle, and he is pretty darn happy about it. And I am a proud proud Auntie (:


  -Secondly, I've fallen in love with a band called Dark River, and have been listening to "Broke Hill,"on repeat for probably two days now. They are absolutely magical, and I love mostly all of their songs so you too, should investigate. Sorry, I'm not savvy with links and such, but hopefully you can find them here:
 http://www.thesixtyone.com/#/s/y8D5C39uORH/

-The product of my crafty vibes is as follows: 
This here rug for my lovely mamma's birthday. I do think she will enjoy it. 



- I'm officially Amanda Shaye Baugh (B-awww)
I woke up with one name, and went to bed with another. I was two people in one day. How wonderful that there are so many different versions of ourselves within the casements of time, just passing through like faded images on a grand projector that just keeps shifting. 

-David shaved himself a nice French mustache just in time for his birthday, I think he was feeling some pangs of reminiscence for France, poor guy. Anyhow, it looked far too dapper for his own good, and I wish I had a picture of it. I do however have pictures of the birthday festivities:

messy birthday room, lawl



... my makeshift decorating skills. I nearly died doing it the night before as I stood on that black spinny chair with a tape roll in my mouth, scissors in one hand and streamer in the other. David found the sight quite amusing.  

I baked him lemon bars and woke him up in the morning simply because I felt we should start eating them as soon as possible. I sang to him with my tired 'little morning voice' as he calls it, and he blew out his '22' candles and that was the tragic end of the lemon bars. We then went to his favorite tea store called Teavana and got some ridiculously expensive/heavenly smelling tea leaves, then trotted on down to Lush, his favorite organic soap store. You must understand, David is the cleanest person I know as far as hygiene goes, and I absolutely adore him for it. Just let the man have a nice long bath with fresh iced tea and a lemony bar of soap and he's happy as a clam. He loves lemon anything, by the way. I used to think baths were wasteful and pointless, but since I've known him, I've truly come to appreciate the beauty of a good bath. Needless to say, his birthday was a laid-back, happyish day. (:

Other happenings: 

-I did some editing in my novel, although am contemplating starting from scratch. 

-David and I went on a moonlight promenade along the canal by our house at 2 am. I find these walks both humbling, thrilling and terrifying all at once. I'm constantly looking behind my shoulder for a lurk-some shadow in the night, any snap of a twig or crackle of a leaf sends me reeling into a paranoid frenzy. David simply squeezes my hand and laughs at how ridiculous I am. He is so brave. I love that about him. Such a quiet strength he has. When we were first dating about 5 years ago, he told me he'd walk the canal by himself listening to Simon & Garfunkel on long summer nights, all the way to my house, just to be close to me. What a little pumpkin snack he is. (:



We also went to Peter Piper Pizza to celebrate our last Sunday night of freedom- that is without the thought of the ever-looming Monday, work, school, and alllll that entails. He got a mustache pack  equipped with two fuzzy eyebrows to match, and I got a fresh pair of googley-eyed glasses. We took a crappy photobooth pic to document, of course. 


Truth be told, I am ecstatic to go back to work. I cannot wait to see my sweet Kaylee again! More on her later. 


Discoveries, thoughts and tidbits: 

-I've noticed that I say 'absolutely' a lot, and I don't think I'm as absolute as I think I am, as there are few things in this world that are absolute. 

-It's funny that I am a water soul, being an Aquarius, and have been petrified of water my whole life. 



-I discovered these ADORABLE tiny houses! 


We included building one of these in our 5-year Plan that almost exists. 
Again, hopefully you can take a gander at them here: 


-'You are the seed of the sun, plume of the ancient submerged heart; a laugh to make the whole world laugh.'






2 comments:

  1. You have the most romantic flow when you write. It's inspiring and makes me feel love and happiness, and although you are speaking of simple things, I felt the need to keep reading! I could not stop!! I believe you would be a great writer, and when you finish your novel, I'd have to read it!

    - Jordan Magana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jordan! You are so sweet and have no idea how happy that makes me (: I do love to write, and hope to always connect with whoever is gracious enough to read my writing in some small way. I've been in a bit of a standstill as far as my novel goes, but it is comments like yours that inspire me to carry onward! So again, thank you. (:

    ReplyDelete