Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Twenty-onethingsyoudidn'tknow.



1. I have a crush on Walt Whitman, even though he was most likely homosexual.

2. I am afraid of heights, the dark, and being alone in the dark on a cliff.
(... and just about everything else)

3. I COLLECT: quotes

“I am the combined effort of everyone I’ve ever known.” - Chuck Palahniuk

4. pictures (old and new) that make me smile and wonder just how things were.



5. vintage tins, because they remind me of my grandma.



6. Speaking of my grandma, she is giving me a harpsichord. I am pretty ecstatic about it, let me just tell you.


7. I have several journals/doodle/idea/quote books I've kept throughout the years. This is my most recent one:





I call him Archimedes. He's an old timer with earth and mud and forest secrets in his bones. 


8. I love walks and long talks, both are crucial to the ebb and flow of my sanity.  

9. My favorite colors are Robin's Egg Blue, Seafoam Green, Sunflower Yellow, Ruby Red, and Blueberry Brambles. 

10. My wallpaper and I are engaged in an arduous duel to the death. One of us has got to go. 

11. My first boyfriend was a boy named Michael in kindergarten. We shared a raspberry milkshake once, probably the closest thing to intimacy. Except for that time he kissed me with sticky popsicle lips behind the dog house. 

12. It is easier for me to write a song than to have a conversation with someone. 

13. I am an aspiring novelist, artist, philanthropist, Child Psychologist, ventriloquist.

14. I am currently reading, "Leaves of Grass," the Death-Bed edition, by Walt Whitman. (the obsession deepens)

15. My mother has the most vast, vibrant sweater collection, of which I frequent and hope to one day inherit in all of its sweatery glory.

16. A woman who inspires me (besides my mother): Audrey Hepburn 





17. A man who inspires me: Irving Penn 



18. lovelovelove embroidered things:



19. The Ditty Bops' song, "Pale Yellow," reminds me of rainstorms and living by myself. 

20. So maybe you already knew this one, but I love this guy like the moon loves the sky. He is just SO DAMN HANDSOME. 

My Bird


This is one of my favorite pictures of him, snarling dragon creature and all.




21. I love adventure nights where I get to go to Barnes & Noble and 'travel the world' with said handsome gentleman.

 

and now you know. 





2 comments:

  1. Well, if it helps, my American lit professor called Walt Whitman an "omnisexual." So there's still hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that is a perfect way to describe him. But even if there is hope, I still probably shouldn't be all hung up over a dead guy.. sigh.

    ReplyDelete